Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Independence Day and my resignation

It is sort of funny, to me at least, that my resignation from my job ended up being on Independence Day.  I didn't plan it that way, but that is just how it worked out.  I thought I needed to give 2 weeks notice, but found out they prefer more than that for my position, so that was that.  My various coworkers reacted pretty much how I thought they would react.  I honestly hate to say goodbye.  If it were up to me, I would slip out secretly in the middle of the night and not say a word to anyone.  Don't ask me why, that is just how I have always been.  So I have given my notice of my intent to leave on Independence Day. And I will be free of this career that has taken me away from my true dream job(a SAHM). I typed up the official letter this morning and I assure you, not a tear was shed.  But maybe it just hasn't sunk in yet.


I have been trying to read through the entire Bible in a year, but when I got to those parts about all the laws, I got a little bogged down.  My smart hubby suggested that I alternate my readings with books from other genres.  So when I figured out what "genres" meant, hahaha, I started reading through Proverbs since there are 31 days in this month to line up with the 31 chapters in the book.  I have done this before, but have been struck this time by the need that we Christians have to seek wisdom.  I have probably blown right past that before as a "duh" kind of a thing, but it hit me that maybe I don't do enough of this.  I spend too much time trying to figure things out for myself, or come up with my own solutions to life's trials.  How much time do I spend seeking for wisdom from God and His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments! Please don't forget to leave your name :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...