Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Baking, Browning, & Buddy


After being busy most of the day, we managed to pull together quite the little Valentine's dinner tonight.  After imagining a much more elaborate cake, I settled in on just a simple chocolate layer cake. I took a picture of the cake, but really wanted an excuse to show off my mini roses I got from a special someone :)

While I was finishing up the meal prep, Brian ran to the library to return a video for me.  When he returned, he simply stated "look what I got" and slid a book onto the counter in front of me.  Whoa, get out of my head, I thought.  It was the exact book I had been thinking about for the past week and just hadn't gotten the chance to check the library catalog (though, in my mind, I was pretty certain they wouldn't have it).  I know I hadn't mentioned it to anyone.  It was just one of those nagging thoughts, you know what I mean?

 "I kind of thought you would like it."  he replied, knowing he had just earned some major brownie points.
And that, is why I love this man.  Thoughtful, gentle, sweet.

Love doesn't make the world go round, 
Love is what makes the ride worthwile.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Oh, yeah, the book was Cake Boss by Buddy Valastro, in case you were wondering.  I have already started it and even tried the chocolate fudge icing recipe that we used on the cake we had last night.  Brian and I used to love watching Buddy's show before we moved (and no longer have cable or high speed internet to watch it).

Though our Valentine's day was not anything exciting, our day was spent simply together - just the way I like it.

1 comment:

  1. That is a very sweet day!!! And I want to check out that book next. Rachel D.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! Please don't forget to leave your name :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...