Thursday, February 23, 2012

Spring is in the Air. . .

Do you see what I see in this picture?

Look very closely and you will see the beginnings of some daffodils.  I had almost forgotten about those bulbs I had planted in the fall, until I was looking out our front window the other day.


I can't wait to see those beautiful yellow blooms.  I love the way they signal the beginning of the season.  I remember a horse farm on the road we lived on while growing up had huge clumps of daffodils growing all along the embankment that bordered the road. 

I have always loved spring because it feels like we are coming out of hibernation and our long winter's nap is over.  We have endured.  Now it is time to enjoy the sunshine, flowers, daylight that lasts longer into the evening -- I could go on and on. Can you tell I'm not a huge fan of cold weather?

So even if you have heard that there is snow looming around the corner, do me a favor and don't burst my bubble.  I am going to enjoy this warmer weather and hope this means it will only keep getting warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments! Please don't forget to leave your name :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...