Monday, April 2, 2012

Audio Book Review: The Money Saving Mom's Budget by Crystal Paine



Do you always seem to have more bills to pay at the end of the month even after your paycheck is already spent?  Do you wonder where all your money went?  Do you live without a budget thinking “we’ll just spend as little as possible”?

Having been an avid reader of Crystal Paine’s blog www.moneysavingmom.com for about two years now, I was thrilled to get the chance to review the audio version of her new book The Money Saving Mom’s Budget.  I have read quite a few books on personal finances (including Dave Ramsey’s The Total Money Makeover) and at one time almost daily listened to a personal finance radio program.  

Crystal Paine

We have been using a budget for a while, and have been following several frugal blogs for a while.  So my nagging question was probably similar to others.  Will I get anything more out of Crystal’s book than what I have gotten from her blog?  I would say if you are new to the idea of handling your finances frugally and simple living – then this book is perfect.  But even though I followed her blog for a while, I picked up a bunch of new thrifty tidbits to implement.

I particularly enjoyed listening to this audio book because I was able to listen to it while I was working out or doing housework.  Just a suggestion though – keep a pen and paper handy since you will want to take notes.  Her book is jam packed with great frugal ideas.

My husband and I are committed to managing our finances in a way that glorifies God.  And I won’t hide it, Crystal’s Christian perspective is one of the big reasons I would highly recommend this book.   She spends the last chapter discussing contentment, and uses her own story to show how you can find contentment in God no matter your circumstances.

5 out of 5 stars.

I received a free copy of this audio book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments! Please don't forget to leave your name :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...