Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Book Review: God Gave Us You


God Gave Us You by Lisa Tawn Bergren (and beautifully illustrated by Laura J. Bryant) is the perfect book for us to share with our 2 year old as we anticipate the birth of our second child in the fall.  You can't help but immediately fall in love with this snuggly  polar bear family and the story will resonate with every mother's heart.  This sweet little board book puts words and pictures to concepts I have only wished I could explain to our son as his young age.

In answer to Little Cub's question, "where did I come from," Mama bear does not come up with a cute little fairy tale nor does she go into the nitty gritty details regarding childbirth.  Instead she tells a story that will have you reminiscing with your child about the anticipation and excitement you felt while patiently waiting for him or her to be born.  Most of all, they were a special gift from God.

Such a precious book.  I hope I get the chance to check out more of the books in this series.

5 out of 5 stars.

I received a free copy of this book from the blogging for books program through Waterbrook Multnomah in exchange for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments! Please don't forget to leave your name :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...