Thursday, November 15, 2012

Book Review: Christmas in Apple Ridge by Cindy Woodsmall



 Christmas in Apple Ridge: Three-in-One Collection: The Sound of Sleigh Bells, The Christmas Singing, NEW! The Dawn of Christmas
Christmas in Apple Ridge is a special collection of three romance novels which take place in the quiet Amish community at Apple Ridge.  The books included are The Sound of Sleigh Bells, The Christmas Singing, and The Dawn of Christmas – which is the new one of the bunch.  While the books are not part of a series, you will recognize certain characters overlapping between books.  These delightful stories are a perfect read for the holiday season.

Having read one book by Woodsmall before, I have come to enjoy the fact that her Amish fiction is not what I have come to expect/dread about the genre.  She portrays the Amish respectfully, but definitely as real people with intriguing plots and well developed characters.  Though the book is quite large (well over 500 pages), you will be turning the pages so quickly that you will fly through it.  

On a side note, the second story centers on a character who bakes and decorates cakes.  I enjoyed the story so much, but my I was so hungry for cake after reading about all the yummy flavors she could bake.  I was surprised and glad the author included a few cake recipes for some of the cakes talked about in the book.  Now I am just going to have to try them out!

5 out of 5 stars.

I received a free copy of this book from WaterBrook Press through the Blogging for Books program in exchange for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments! Please don't forget to leave your name :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...