Friday, February 22, 2013

Book Review: David Sticker Book



The David Sticker Book written by Karen Williamson and illustrated by Amanda Enright is a great interactive story for your preschooler.  What could be better than lots of stickers and the story of King David?  As you read the story to your little one, they can place the stickers on the picture.  They will be drawn into the story of David’s life by the adorable illustrations and the text is written so they can easily understand. 

But for me, the $5.99 price tag (printed on the back) is a tad high for such a thin book for children.  Admittedly, my husband and 3 year had a lot of fun putting the stickers in this book and reading it together.  So maybe that alone could make it worth the price.

Also, the book very quickly covers the span of David’s life, but I would have liked to at least have seen a reference to David’s importance in light of the eventual coming of Christ the Messiah.  I know that is being picky, but just thought I would throw that in.

4 out of 5 stars

I received a free copy of this book from Kregel Publishers in exchange for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments! Please don't forget to leave your name :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...