Friday, March 1, 2013

Early to Rise Challenge: This is going to be tougher than I thought


So I had planned on taking part in this 30 day early to rise challenge I saw on Crystal’s blog  Moneysavingmom. I read the first part of the book and everything.

 But. . . (insert excuses)

In fact, not only did I not get up early, I slept past the time I normally get up (which is when our 2 children get up, but apparently they were so tired that they didn’t wake up either).

Now I don't know about you, but I am finding out that I get discouraged way too easily.  I try to eat healthy, but then that shamrock shake seems to be calling my name.  I set out to get everything on my "To Do" list finished, but find out that by the end of the day I have misplaced the list altogether. I am a goal-setting, list-making, self-starter if there ever were one.  But along with that motivated momma can come a big sense of guilt, never quite making it, perfectionism.  

Is that really how Christ would have us to live?  Thankfully no.  I am far from condoning laziness or the just "let it all hang out" mentality.  What I am saying is the age old advice I used to get from my parents.  "Do your best."  Keep striving, keep setting goals.  But when you don't quite reach them, don't become so discouraged that you give up entirely.  

Remember why you set the goal in the first place - if it was easy . . .well, you know how it ends.

So, I am not giving up and I am going to try again tomorrow.  And maybe you need to give it another chance too.



1 comment:

  1. So encouraged to see another mama going through the exact same things I am. I struggle too with being a self-starter, and usually never quite finishing things. Perfectionisim is one of the worst lies I catch myself listening to sometimes. Thanks for being real! I do so appreciate it ;D

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! Please don't forget to leave your name :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...