Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Book Your Boys (and Girls) Will Want to Read



I hope you are ready for adventure with the newest Imagination Station book (#11), Hunt for the Devil’s Dragon.  Adventures in Odyssey’s Mr. Whittaker is always looking for exciting ways to teach kids about the truths found in God’s Word and how that applies to their everyday lives.  After Beth shares her story of being afraid to stand up for a girl at school who was being picked on, Whit sends her back in time, along with Patrick, to Northern Africa.  As they face the terrible dragon, they learn an important lesson about fear and trusting in God.

This is the second book in this series that I have read and I liked it (and the series in general) for a few reasons.

  • They teach children principles from God’s Word.  No, you will not find Whit quoting a bunch of Bible verses at the kids, but you will see him applying biblical principles to everyday stuff – the kind of stuff kids deal with at home or at school.

  • I love that each one is filled with adventure.  There is a lot of dialogue in these books and the plot keeps moving pretty quickly.  Now some might say that the topics are a bit scary.  I mean, a girl being left as a sacrifice for a dragon.  I’ll give it to you that could be pretty scary.  This is where I would say to use your own discretion with your children. 



  • The book is well-designed.  I like that the chapters are short so it would give the “reluctant reader” in your life a feeling of accomplishment.  And with eye-catching pictures every so often, your little reader is sure to be hooked.

This book is another great addition to the series and I hope to eventually add more of them to our library.

5 out of 5 stars

I received a free copy of this book from Tyndale House Publishers in exchange for a fair and honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments! Please don't forget to leave your name :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...