Thursday, April 18, 2013

Gardening update

It is slowly warming up here, as you can see, but we still have occasional chilly days and even chillier nights.



But that is not a problem with our little "mini greenhouses" out on the deck (they are our super frugal gardening method we tried, with success, last year and are trying again this year).  I planted them back in March and have pretty much forgotten about them until a few days ago when my husband said he noticed something growing.  (Yep, I haven't even watered them.  It just hasn't been necessary.)




So here are some pics to show you how they are doing!


This is a picture taken looking down into the top opening of the milk jug.  Eventually when it is warm enough during the days, we'll take off the duct tape and open the milk jugs up to allow more sunlight in.  But for now, they are just fine.


I think these are peppers.  I have some of them labeled on the bottom but mostly figured I would know what they are when they get big enough to transplant.  Let's hope I was right!

The ground is very soggy from all the rain we have had and as we have free time we will be getting the actual garden tilled.We have a LOT of work to do between now and then.

I'll try to keep you updated along the way.  Drop me a message if you are preparing your garden as well.  I would love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments! Please don't forget to leave your name :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...